First of all, I never really knew that bucket lists were a trendy thing to have. Then in the course of a week like, 5 people referenced their bucket lists and I felt really out of touch with everything and like I was not going to accomplish much if I didn't have a plan. Rather than posting my life bucket list though (how daunting!) here is one for the summer.
Summer seemed to last a lot longer when I was a kid. We had summer vacations planned and my aunt had a pool. I'd spend the day reading or at friends houses or watching Food Network (yes, I have always been this exciting). Now Robin and I joke that summer is just working while it's hot. Determined not to be beat by the mean reds, I have put together a list of summer activities that we will be doing on our summer stay-cation. I'd love to know what's on your summer bucket list, too!
- make homemade donuts! - joy the baker has some that are brown butter and pistachio and I cannot imagine anything yummier
- make a big abstract painting- preferably while watching Benny & Joon
- play in the hose- because, childhood. If only if I could find a Crazy Daisy...
- do something pretty with the space over our piano- right now it is topped with plants of varying degrees of alive-ness and one pretty photograph by our friend, Sam.
- put shelves in the kitchen- (i.e. have Robin put shelves in the kitchen)
- try to make pizza on the grill- I'm thinking Canadian bacon and grilled pineapple could be fun!
- make popsicles- watermelon lime, and some fruit and yogurt ones!
- go kayaking!
- have some friends over for s'mores and a movie in the backyard
- go to Zilker Hillside Theater to watch Hairspray- and picnic. because we enjoy being good at life.
One of my friends, Amy, suggested an "Urban Adventures Quest," which is a fun historic tour/scavenger hunt of Austin. I'm hoping that will be part of our summer list too ;)
I'd love to hear what y'all are doing this summer, as well as any suggestions for vacationing at home.